Wednesday 7 November 2012

dinner for six....





There was no money, the fridge was empty and it was a Sunday morning. We all woke up knowing the situation was bad. We did not go to church because there was no fuel enough to take us the whole week. We all just prayed in our beds hoping that Jesus would save us once again.
During the good all days papa and mama would drive us to the third avenue restaurant. I loved that restaurant not because of the waiter that always smiled at me but because of the big breakfast that took me to heaven. We asked for a table for six mum and papa close to each other. After saying grace Lilly would ask for a small mozochino. A cappuccino mixed with some chocolate and mash mellows. She loved that very much she would put a huge smile on her face and you would know surely the family is happy. Mama loved toasted cheese and a cafe latte while papa would order a half done egg with whole wheat toast. We all ate like a happy big family then wrap up the day with some movies or go to the theaters. I loved my family and I still do.
Its morning we all sitting at the sitting room, papa is in his room and mama is taking a shower. Later on mama joins us and we sit. Little Lilly ask "mama are we going for our mozochino today?" "Yes we are baby; papa is going to organize all that for us. I was 19 then and starting to grow some love for men. After a while Papa rocked in the room with a smile and says "okay its time for breakfast everybody up” He is the man we all stood up and rushed to the dining room. Wow I couldn’t believe my eyes. Papa had prepared a five star breakfast the same as that we normally had at my favorite restaurant. Everything was there specially made by him not forgetting the mozochino. Mama tightly squeezed my hand and said daughter marry a man like your father. 

                                                                                                         stories from the desk

written by Hawulethu Dube
A saxjaz7 production
All rights reserved

@hawulethu

No comments:

Post a Comment