Wednesday 13 July 2011

there is a slave in my yard..

Eyes wide open, chest held high, fist folded and mouth shut he looked at me and at once i knew, there is a slave in my yard.I ran to the house to call the police, 'ring ring' he is not picking up his phone. There is no one in the office. Where is the inspector? He is at home . What is he doing ? His wife is sick.I left the message to the operator 'when the inspector comes tell him that i said there is a slave in my yard'.

I locked the doors, closed the windows and took my shot gun.'I will kill him if he makes any move, i promise,i will kill him'  fearfully and  quietly i said to my self. Still he stood there like a stature not making a move or winking with his eyes.

'He who rules with a sword will die by a sword'. 'Today i die' i said to my self 'just like Mrs Wilson.He will rape me, cut my throat and throw me into the bush far far away . People will look for me and they will not find me.Only birds and hyenas will be singers at my burial, ants and mites will be sand to my bones. I will fight though, fight for my life . I wont give up easily. Anyway he is slave and i am free. Ha ha ha its funny who is free now him or me ? I am locked up in my own home hiding from a slave. Who is the master ? There is no honor or ranking when death knocks at the door. It makes all man equal. All of us will die whether by the sword or by a slave , free or not free, black or white. What matters now there is a slave in my yard.

Ring ring , i try to phone the inspector once again he ain't picking his phone. What profit is the law if it can't protect you? What profit is the government if it cannot run a nation or feed its people?. What profit is love if it hurts you ? Where is the inspector? He is at home. What is he doing? His wife is dying. A dying good wife and a living prostitute. One thing in common they are both woman, they carry the reason for man's pride ,ego and satisfaction.

Ring ring , my phone is ringing.'Hello is it the inspector?' 'Yes it is. 'Thank you, i have been trying to call you. There is slave in my yard. He has been standing here for an hour, he is dangerous and i need you to send man down here as soon as possible
INSPECTOR:.I am sorry Mrs Smith i cannot help you.
SMITH: Why?
"We don't have no slave now every man has been declared free,black or white,Asian or African, Jew or Gentile.Every living being is now equal."Says who?'. "Says the President and the constitution of our country." She keeps quite for a while and says..."Then i guess there is a man trespassing on my property".
Will have to see if he really is trespassing or you are trespassing. The former slaves royal family have been given the right to claim back their fore fathers land as means of reconciling. Why don't you go and ask him why he is there.

I went straight to him fearless as ever, i introduced my self to him and i said "how are you sir, how can i help you". He said nothing for a while then  he spoke "My name is Mattheus heir and last born of the last king of the Marwa people, under your house lies the bones of my fore fathers, where your farm is lies the bones of my mother. I am a free man now and i have come back home.

I went straight to the kitchen took the phone and called my husband. "Honey " i said to him"there is king in my yard"...


written by Hawulethu Dube
a saxjaz7 production
all rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME

    http://lwazimhlangaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawu, this is beautiful- i love it!!! Now youve provoked my anticipation and i can't wait to move to your next blog!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Howza this is awesome man keep writing man ngizom lwae kuhle lokhu

    ReplyDelete